How do you access load boards?
Load boards can be accessed online, either through a site or a freight app. Many load boards give you the option to use your preferred device, such as a cell phone, tablet, or computer.
Download the app to view Convoy’s load board.
How to use a load board
To use a load board, you must first log in to the specific site or app for the load board you want to search. The most common way for a carrier to use a load board is to either search for a load or post an empty truck to let brokers know they are looking for loads. When shippers or brokers use load boards, they primarily search for carriers with empty trucks for their shipments that have not been covered.
Some load boards provide additional uses and features, such as the ability to:
- Communicate with other carriers
- Ask questions or share information on message boards
- Make notes on or leave reviews of facilities or carriers
- Review qualifications and ratings of shippers or carriers
- Access and bid on dedicated contracts