Our economy relies on the seamless flow of goods, and few industries play a more critical role in this process than trucking. With over a million trucking companies in operation and a staggering worth of $800 billion in the US alone, the trucking industry is a vital cog in the economic machine. However, the industry has long been plagued by fragmentation and has been slow to adopt new technologies.
Convoy’s CEO & Co-founder Dan Lewis recently joined Charles Trevail on the Outside In podcast to share how Convoy is addressing those industry challenges head-on, while also reducing waste, enhancing the quality of life for truck drivers, and lowering costs for shippers.
Listen to the podcast episode to learn:
- The challenges and opportunities as the industry goes digital and the lines between brokers and asset carriers blur
- How, with persistent effort and research, Dan was able to find the key value proposition for the early adoption of Convoy’s mobile app among truck drivers
- Why cutting “empty miles” is the most effective route to sustainability in the freight industry
- The potential of trucking’s semi-autonomous future, where humans and robots will join forces in “team driving”
- Advice for aspiring entrepreneurs on surrounding yourself with supportive, long-term-minded people