Convoy releases 2021 Corporate Sustainability Report
The Ship Responsibly report describes Convoy’s 2021 progress and outlines three commitments for 2022: reducing empty miles and eliminating carbon emissions in trucking; operating with net-zero carbon emissions by 2040; and making the trucking profession more sustainable for smaller carriers and their drivers.
The report also summarizes key metrics on the company’s environmental impact, including how Convoy is helping its customers achieve their sustainability goals while improving the lives of truck drivers. Convoy’s historical commitment to being a responsible freight partner is also detailed, as well as the company’s own carbon footprint and employee experience.
Convoy’s commitment to sustainability includes the following goals for 2022:
- Prevent 3.8 million pounds of carbon emissions from entering the atmosphere in 2022.
- Continue to operate carbon neutral and decarbonize the trucking industry while pursuing a path to net-zero emissions by 2040.
- Continue to build toward a future of democratizing access to freight by investing in technology that makes it more efficient for small carriers to keep their trucks full and earning.
At Convoy, we’re committed to doing our part to eliminate wasted time and carbon emissions in the trucking industry. When we started Convoy, we didn’t know exactly how to identify and measure waste reduction in the industry, but we made learning that a priority. Today I’m proud that we’re able to produce a report like this along with eliminating 2.8 million pounds of carbon emissions in 2021 by reducing empty miles in our network. We’re leading conversations about increased efficiency and reduced waste. The industry is turning a corner and, working with like minded partners, we can deliver sustainable freight.”
Dan Lewis, co-founder and CEO of Convoy
Additional 2021 highlights include:
- Joining The Climate Pledge, committing Convoy to reach net-zero annual carbon emissions by 2040.
- Partnering with the National Minority Supplier Development Council and the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council in support of Convoy’s Supplier Diversity Program and helping minority-owned and women-owned trucking businesses access freight.
- Joining the United Nations Global Compact, in support for the development, implementation and disclosure of responsible business practices.
- Recertifying for the fifth year as an EPA SmartWay Transport Partner, committing Convoy to measuring, benchmarking and tracking the company’s efforts to increase efficiency and fuel economy in trucking.