Research Industry Insights, Tech & Visibility
Q2 Carrier Snapshot Report
Industry Insights • Published on July 3, 2018
In June 2018 Convoy surveyed over 300 small and mid-sized trucking companies across the United States to collect a snapshot of the industry. Survey participants include dispatchers and owner-operators. All the results are self-reported by the participants.
- On average, 93% of dispatchers and owner operators use a mobile app to book loads.
- There were 1,593,075 empty miles driven during the month.
- The average rate per mile earned was $2.97.
- Carriers reported running an average of 10,853 miles per truck, per month.
- Carriers reported earning an average of $23,018 per truck per month.
- The average revenue per truck ($27,605) for Female respondents was higher than average revenue per truck ($21,635) for Male respondents, while the average miles per truck were the same.
Read this Q2 Carrier Snapshot Report to dive deeper into carrier metrics and inform your transportation strategy.