Southern California Freight Insights Report
The freight market in Southern California has emerged as the cornerstone of the U.S. economy. Yet, in recent months, container ships have faced record volume and record delays at the San Pedro Bay ports. So have truck drivers.
Just how much is the port congestion affecting truckload freight in Southern California?
We dug into our proprietary freight data, as well as publicly available transportation and economic data and research, to find out.
Read our Southern California Freight Insights Report to learn about:
- The driver shortage in Southern California — or is there one?
- Tender rejection rates and where they stand compared to 2020.
- Dwell times and how they’ve been impacted by Southern California market challenges.
- Accessorial fees — which loads are incurring fees and one way to curb those costs.
- New regulation targeting truck emissions — how it will impact which providers you work with.
- And more.
The Los Angeles metro is one of Convoy’s strongest markets.
In Southern California, Convoy’s digital freight network includes more than 80,000 drivers, each one connected to Convoy through our GPS-enabled app. The app collects more than 1,000 unique data points throughout the life of every load they run, for more than 5,000 Southern California-based facilities belonging to Fortune 500 shippers.
A sneak peek:
Featuring page 11 of the report.