Welcome to Convoy’s Resource Center for Coronavirus (COVID-19). As we face the challenges of coronavirus together, we aim to provide support to carriers and drivers with relevant information and resources. Carriers and drivers are working tirelessly to get vital goods into the communities that need them–from food and water to medical supplies and cleaning products. We’re here to help the heroes at home and on the road.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) RESOURCE CENTER
Staying Informed – Coronavirus and Trucking
What is “coronavirus” and what are the common symptoms?
According to the CDC, coronaviruses are types of viruses. COVID-19 is a specific new type of coronavirus. Potential symptoms may include fever, cough and shortness of breath.
How does Coronavirus spread?
The CDC states that the virus can be spread between humans in small droplets from sneezes, coughs, or hand to hand contact. The virus cannot be absorbed through the skin but it can infect individuals who touch their faces after coming in contact with it. The CDC has provided these guidelines to protect yourself.
Is there guidance on handling pallets and other packaged goods?
The CDC guidance states that the risk of contracting the virus is low when handling packaged products. While the extent of the risk is unknown, CDC guidance states that COVID-19 is unlikely to survive on surfaces that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures.
Where can I find information on state permits and exemptions of HOS?
Please reference the FMCSA site for information on Emergency Declarations, Waivers, Exemptions and Permits. The FMCSA recommends you check each State’s Web site and search for “Issued Emergency Declarations” if you are interested in more details.
What are the CDC’s recommended habits to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- Use your own pens and clipboards when marking paperwork or scale tickets at a facility.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer that is 60% or higher in alcohol content.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Use disinfectant wipes often to clean interior truck surfaces regularly.
What should you do if you’re sick or think you may be sick?
If you are sick or think you may be sick, the CDC recommends that you stay home except to seek medical care. Please see additional CDC guidelines for more.
What preventative measures can I take?
Avoid close contact with others and practice social distancing (at least six feet from others). Please see additional recommendations from the CDC.
What commodity is deemed essential/relief by the FMCSA?
On March 18, 2020 US Department of Transportation expanded the national emergency declaration for commercial vehicles delivering relief in response to the coronavirus outbreak. Please visit this site for the FMCSA’s identification of shipment qualifications and services.
How does the coronavirus situation affect Convoy’s operations?
As a technology driven company, our teams are fully operational while working remotely. For information on how to contact our team, click here.
How do I get tested if I think I’m sick?
Testing locations and availability will vary. Apple released a Covid-19 Screening Tool to help people stay informed.
What do I do if I’m sick and away from home?
This directory provides a clear, reliable source of testing site locations and includes information about criteria for testing.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES AVAILABLE
Online tire discounts and nationwide roadside assistance with Goodyear
We know that tires are a major cost to keep your trucks running. We’re excited to offer discounts typically reserved for large fleets to all carriers in our network. Click here to learn more.
Stay up-to-date on the freight market and supply chain impacts of coronavirus
– We’re committed to keeping supply chain professionals informed about how coronavirus is impacting the freight industry.
– Aaron Terrazas, Convoy’s Director of Economic Research, is sharing our latest insights with new videos and blog posts each week.
– View our most recent updates on COVID-19 and the freight market below. You can also sign up to receive updates in your inbox:
- Freight Market Outlook: Three Questions on COVID-19 Reopening and Recovery (May 13, 2020)
- Goodyear Interview: Helping Truckers During COVID-19 (April 28, 2020)
- COVID-19 Update: What Stimulus Means for Shippers and Carriers (April 21, 2020)
- An Owner-Operator’s Experience of the COVID-19 Crisis (April 14, 2020)
- Supply Chain Innovation in the COVID-19 Crisis: Interview with Dr. Anne Goodchild of the UW (April 9, 2020)
- COVID-19 Supply Chain Impact: An interview with Flexport Chief Economist Phil Levy (April 7, 2020)
- COVID-19 Freight Update: What Jobs Report Data Tell Us About Trucking (April 2, 2020)
- Coronavirus and Freight: What are the long-term impacts? (March 31, 2020)
- Coronavirus and Freight: Market Outlook Video (March 26, 2020)
- Coronavirus and Freight: Market Outlook Video (March 24, 2020)
- COVID-19 and Freight: What’s next for demand? Will truck supply contract? (March 20, 2020)
SUPPORT A CAUSE
St. Christopher Fund:
Help truck drivers and their families when an illness or injury takes them off the road.
Help provide travel and lodging for truckers and their families in times of injuries or health issues.
Meals for 18 Wheels:
Provide a hot, home-cooked meal to a trucker in your area.
Feed America’s hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.