Highway to Health – Week 1: Jump Start Your Health
Hey Health Warrior, It is Week 1 of the next installment of our Highway to Health series and we are here to help you and your fellow drivers JUMP START YOUR HEALTH. If you joined us for the first round of Highway to Health, welcome back, so glad you are continuing on this journey with us. If you are joining us for the first time, THANK YOU for taking the time to sign up and take charge of your change. In June, we covered a lot of ground on nutrition and wellness topics. If you are new to us or simply need a refresher, click HERE and spend a few minutes reviewing the info, as it will help you to get into a healthy mindset before we dive in to the next four weeks. As I mentioned in my kick-off email, I am a no excuses kind of a coach, I don’t like to hear the words “I can’t” (unless you have a valid reason), I don’t prescribe diets because well, it’s no longer the Jane Fonda era, now is it? What I believe: if you don’t have a goal in mind, you’ll never reach your desired destination. With that said, we are going to Jump Start Our Health Journey this week with a focus on GOAL GETTING. I’ll be providing tips on this and a lot of other juicy info on how to Jump Start Your Health (with nutrition and fitness tips). But first, I’ve got an assignment:
- Write down the top 2-3 health goals that you are going to go after and GET over the next four weeks. For example:
- I’m going to exercise 2-3 times/week for the next four weeks. (This can be a minimum of 30 minutes of walking, weight lifting, whatever you feel comfortable with).
- I’m going to eat 2-3 servings of fruit and veggies each day.
- I’m going to swap out diet soda and swap in water, at least three times each week.
- Email them to me: email@example.com. Anyone who emails me will receive a FREE 30- minute health and wellness consultation (a $95 value). PLUS, I will do weekly check-ins with you to ensure that you are staying on top of your goals.