Convoy Launches Inaugural Freight Insights Report
Today we released the 2020 Freight Insights Report, an examination of trends in the North American freight industry throughout the historic year. Convoy’s industry-leading data science and insights teams reviewed our proprietary freight data along with the best transportation and economic data that’s publicly available to assemble this report.
The 2020 Freight Insights Report marks the first time we’ve made data from our digital freight network publicly available with this level of detail and analysis.
With 1,000+ data points collected per shipment across millions of pickups and deliveries, Convoy’s digital freight network has amassed a lot of data. We’ve analyzed this data to take a look back at the year in freight for 2020. The report captures a unique picture of North American freight in 2020, quantifying the rippling effects of COVID-19 on the North American freight industry in hard numbers.
The 2020 Freight Insights Report includes:
- Month-over-month outbound shipment volume trends throughout 2020
- Average facility ratings broken out by industry
- Average dwell times for pickups and deliveries
- Performance for drop-and-hook shipments
- Incidental trends, including detention and TONU by industry
- Survey data on supply chain sustainability
- And more