Last Updated: September 2, 2021
This notice explains what information we collect, use and disclose when you inquire, apply, or are considered for employment opportunities at Convoy.
We may change this notice from time to time. We will post any changes to this notice on this page and notify you by revising the date at the top of the page and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you a notification on our mobile app or via email).
This notice does not apply to your use of Convoy’s products and services, which is governed by any applicable terms and the Convoy Privacy Notice.
I. Collection of Information
Information You Provide Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you fill out an employment application, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include:
- Contact Information: Your name, address, email address, telephone number;
- Background Information: Employment and education history, whether or not you are authorized to work in the United States and whether or not you require visa sponsorship, any obligations you may have to a prior employer,if relevant to Convoy; or any other information you choose to provide or declare to us (such as details included in your resume or cover letter);
- Interview Information: Details you disclose in and insights drawn from any interviews, phone screenings, and recruiting exercises you may participate in;
- Reference Information: Information about and from your referrals or references (you are solely responsible for obtaining consent from your references before sharing their information with us) and information about how you heard about the position for which you are applying or information relating to any previous applications you may have submitted to us;
- Employment Preferences: Details of the type of employment for which you are or may be looking, desired salary and other terms relating to your desired compensation and potential benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- Volunteered Demographic Information: If you choose to volunteer the information, we collect information about your gender, race/ethnic origin, veteran status to monitor our equal opportunity, non-discriminatory hiring process and/or other information related to a protected class (such as medical or health information) to accommodate requests you may make during the recruiting process. The provision of this category of information is entirely voluntary and will not be used to evaluate your application for employment; and
- Other information, including personal information, you voluntarily choose to disclose to us.
Other Information We May Collect
- Publicly Available Information: Any profile information, academic qualifications, previous employers, and work experiences from publicly available sources that we believe is relevant to your application or a potential future applications (e.g., your LinkedIn profile); and/or
- Information from Third Parties: Such as the person referring you (if any) or third-party data providers who have the right to provide information about you such as your education, work experience, and where permitted by law, background checks. These third party providers collect your information from publicly available sources or through third parties they work with.
II. Use of Information
We use the information we collect about you for the purposes of considering you for employment opportunities with Convoy, including to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications and interests in connection with career opportunities at Convoy;
- Verify your information and carry out any reference checks and/or conduct background checks;
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s), including about offers of employment and other potential career opportunities at Convoy;
- Facilitate the interview/recruiting process and/or to prepare an offer letter, if your application is successful;
- Where requested by you, assist you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit, where required;
- Maintain and improve Convoy’s application and/or recruitment process, including efforts to improve diversity in recruitment practices, monitor equal opportunity practices, internally plan and manage reporting, or to comply with laws and regulations;
- Understand your educational and professional background, experiences, and skills, and contact you;
- Protect the rights and property of Convoy, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public as required or permitted by law.
Convoy takes appropriate steps to protect information about you that is collected, processed, and stored as part of the application and recruitment process.
III. Sharing of Information
We may share the information we collect about you with third parties, as described in this Privacy Notice or as at the time of collection or sharing, such as:
- Vendors, consultants, and other service providers, including staffing agencies, who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, including any verification/background checks;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Convoy or others, with law enforcement or other entities and individuals;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Convoy and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership;
- The current Convoy employee who referred you (if applicable) to keep them apprised of the progress and outcome of your application;
- With your consent or at your direction, your references or other third parties;
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Convoy, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public or as otherwise required by law; or
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
IV. Data Retention
If you are offered an employment opportunity with Convoy, and you accept, the information collected during the application and recruitment process may become part of your employment record.
If you apply for a job at Convoy and your application is unsuccessful (or you withdraw from the process or decline our offer), we may retain your information for a period after your application. We retain this information for various reasons, including to comply with legal requirements, as necessary to protect Convoy from legal challenges or claims, to consider you for other current or future jobs at Convoy, and to help us better understand, analyze, and improve our recruitment processes. If you would like to request Convoy not retain your information for consideration for other roles, want us to update it, or want more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about this Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice, you may contact us at email@example.com.
V. Your Data Rights
Depending on the applicable laws and regulations, you may have the following rights regarding your personal data held by Convoy:
- The Right to Know: You may have the right to know categories of personal information Convoy collects about you, which is also provided in the “Collection of Information” section above.
- The Right of Access: You may have the right to request the categories of (i) personal information we have collected about you, (ii) sources from which the personal information is collected, (iii) purposes of such collection, (iv) third parties with whom we share personal information, and (v) personal information we shared about you and the reasons we shared it.
- The Right to Delete: You may have the right to request we delete personal information collected from you.
- The Right of Private Action: You may have a private right of action if you are negatively affected by a data breach, subject to the applicable laws.
- Right to Data Portability: You may have the right to request to move, copy, or transfer your personal data held by Convoy in a machine-readable format.
Convoy may process requests relating to personal information collected over the preceding 12-month period, as legally required, and we may verify your identity, or an agent’s authorization to act on your behalf, prior to responding to your request. Convoy does not discriminate against you for exercising your data rights. To submit a request, please contact us using the information provided below in Section VI “Contact Us”.
VI. Contact Us
For further information about Convoy’s Privacy Notice or to submit a data subject request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (206) 204-8336.