Last Updated: January 1, 2020
This policy explains what information we collect, use and disclose when you are considered for employment opportunities at Convoy.
We may change this policy from time to time. We will post any changes to this policy on this page and notify you by revising the date at the top of the policy and, in some cases by adding a statement to our homepage or sending you a notification. Each version of this policy is identified at the top of the page by its effective date.
Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of information about you:
- Contact Information: Your name, address, email address, telephone number;
- Background Information: Employment and education history, whether or not you are authorized to work in the United States and whether or not you require visa sponsorship, any obligations you may have to a prior employer if relevant to Convoy; or any other information you provide or declare (such as details included in your resume or cover letter);
- Interview Information: Details from interviews and phone screenings and outcomes of any recruiting exercises you participate in;
- Reference Information: Information about and from your referrals or references (you are solely responsible for obtaining consent from your references before sharing their information with us) and information about how you heard about the position for which you are applying or information relating to any previous applications you may have submitted to us;
- Employment Preferences: Details of the type of employment for which you are or may be looking, desired salary and other terms relating to your desired compensation and potential benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- Publicly Available Information: Profile information, academic qualifications, and work experiences from publicly available sources that we believe is relevant to your application or a potential future applications (e.g., your LinkedIn profile); and/or
- Information from Third Parties: Such as the person referring you (if any) or third-party data providers who have the right to provide information about you such as your education, work experience, and where permitted by law, background checks. These third party providers collect your information from publicly available sources or through third parties they work with.
- Volunteered Demographic Information: If you choose to volunteer the information, we collect information about your gender, race/ethnic origin, veteran status to monitor our equal opportunity, non-discriminatory hiring process and/or other information related to a protected class (such as medical or health information) to accommodate requests you may make during the recruiting process. The provision of this category of information is entirely voluntary and will not be used to evaluate your application for employment.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use information about you for the purposes of considering you for employment opportunities with Convoy, including to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications and interests in connection with career opportunities at Convoy;
- Verify your information and carry out reference checks and/or conduct background checks if you are offered a job;
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s), including about offers of employment and other potential career opportunities at Convoy;
Facilitate the interview/recruiting process and/or to prepare an offer letter, if your application is successful;
- Where requested by you, assist you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required;
- Maintain and improve Convoy’s application and/or recruitment process, including improving diversity in recruitment practices, monitor equal opportunity practices, for internal planning and management reporting, or to comply with laws and regulations;
- Proactively conduct research about your educational and professional background and skills and contact you if we think you would be suitable for a role with us;
- Protect the rights and property of Convoy, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public as required or permitted by law.
If you are offered and accept employment with Convoy, the information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
If you are not hired for the position under consideration, we may use the information we collected about you to identify and contact you about other positions that we think may be of interest. If you would like to opt out of Convoy using your information for this purpose, you may request Convoy to delete your information as explained in Your Choices below.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you with third parties, such as:
- Vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, including verification/background checks;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Convoy and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership;
- The current Convoy employee who referred you (if applicable) about the progress and outcome of your application;
- With your consent or at your direction, such as your referees; or
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Convoy, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public or as otherwise required by law.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Our retention of your information
If you apply for a job at Convoy and your application is unsuccessful (or you withdraw from the process or decline our offer), we will retain your information for a period after your application. We retain this information for various reasons, including in case we face a legal challenge in respect of a recruitment decision, to consider you for other current or future jobs at Convoy and to help us better understand, analyze and improve our recruitment processes.
If you do not want us to retain your information for consideration for other roles, or want us to update it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that we may retain some information if required by law or as necessary to protect ourselves from legal claims.
Convoy takes appropriate steps to protect information about you that is collected, processed, and stored as part of the application and recruitment process.